5 For Friday — Links, Stories & Posts For Your Weekend
April 26th, 2013 by
1. Bing Places For Business replaces Bing Business Portal – Small Business Search Marketing
Bing has made some significant changes in its local business listing management platform. Bing Places will replace the old Bing Business Portal, and along with the name change comes a simpler system that strips away much of the non-local search functionality that previously existed. Learn more about the update and decide whether you think this is a good move for Bing.
2. 10 Inbound Discoveries That Will Disrupt Marketing Forever – HubSpot
HubSpot’s 2013 State of Inbound Marketing Report has been released, and they’ve distilled the findings down to the 10 biggest discoveries. More than 3,000 marketing professionals from all over the world participated by sharing their thoughts on everything from strategy and organizational alignment to channel and budget management.
3. How to Build an Online Community for Your Business – SEOmoz
Building a better online community around your business has a number of advantages. This author urges you to focus on the hard work of attracting the right kind of customers to your community rather than chasing the latest algorithm updates.
4. Top Google Website Optimization Resources – Search Engine Watch
All of the best tips, guides, tutorials, and resources that Google has offered on SEO are all here in one place. You can find everything from beginners guides to some advanced programming concepts that will help you become an optimization expert.
5. How Dynamic Search Ads Can Take Over Your AdWords Account With Devastating Effects – Search Engine Journal
Dynamic search ads became a hot topic when they were recently added to all AdWords accounts. Advertisers expecting to increase profits simply by using DSAs on standard settings should think again. Here are some tips to make the most of your dynamic ads.