Paid Search (PPC), Facebook, & Display Advertising Pricing
How much does Search Influence charge for paid search & display advertising management?
When bundled with other services like SEO or social media management, our paid search management fee costs as little as $1,000 per month, plus the cost of ad spend (this also applies to other advertising like Facebook Display and Google Display).
The management fee is a percentage of your total monthly investment in paid media, the same way in which traditional media commissions are billed.
Our typical paid search strategy & setup fee ranges from $2,000 to $3,000 and includes a fully customized setup.
How do agencies price advertising management fees?
Most companies charge a setup fee plus an ongoing monthly fee to cover optimization. Some companies do not charge a setup fee by either building the setup cost into the ongoing fee, or, by setting up a basic campaign.
The cost of paid search management (running of Google Ads or an “SEM” campaign) can vary greatly from company to company depending on:
- Skill & expertise
- What’s included (see below)
- Expectations of performance
- Customized vs. canned approach
- Human review vs. automation
At Search Influence, our setup & ongoing management includes efforts for which some agencies or media companies would charge extra, or, simply don’t offer because they don’t have the expertise or capabilities in house.
Some of the things we include that others may not are:
- Landing page creation (for most clients)
- Campaign & ad group strategy that is unique to you
- Custom written ads
- Analytics & tracking support
- LeadSNDR lead tracking system
Read our blog post, Why Do Digital Agencies Have Setup Fees for Online Ads, to learn more about how our approach benefits your business.
What factors impact the price of paid online advertising?
- Competition in your geography & industry: who are you competing with and how much are they willing to spend to reach your audience?
- Size & segmentation of audience: how large is your audience? How many different groups do you need to reach?
- Products & services to promote: how many products or services do you want to promote?
- Your brand presence: how established is your business and how well known are you?
- Current state of your website: what shape is your website in today?
- Desired outcomes: how much new revenue do you expect to gain from your efforts?
Can I save money by going directly to Google or Facebook?
You can set up your own campaign directly with platforms like Google Ads or Facebook. Google will even help you get your campaign set up by providing a specialist to help you. But be careful! This includes only the campaign setup and does not include any improvements to your website or analytics support. Once your campaign is set up, it will run on auto-pilot, costing you more in the long run than if you had hired an agency to be accountable for results.
Search Influence is a Google Premier Partner—bringing insights and knowledge to your campaign that are only available to the top tier of Google Partners.
Clients often come to us after they’ve taken a crack at self-managing a paid online advertising campaign and find that they’re just not getting the results they hoped for. Even experienced in-house marketing managers find that they need the specific expertise that Search Influence can provide. We’re proud to say that in every instance, we’ve been able to improve the results and efficiency of the campaigns.
The 3 most common mistakes we see in self-managed campaigns are:
- Spending too much
- No tracking of conversions or new customers
- Paying for clicks for irrelevant keywords
Can I pay you a one-time fee to set up a campaign?
We believe it would be a disservice to our clients to set up their campaign and hand it over. We are willing, however, to provide one-time support in other ways, including:
- Consulting Services
- Google Ads Audit
- Advanced Analytics & Tracking Audit
Ready for more detail?
Let’s chat about how investing in digital marketing services can grow your business – and how we can effectively measure that it is delivering your expected return.