INFOGRAPHIC: Why Content Marketing Matters
October 17th, 2011 by
Our friends at BraftoN have put together a great infographic on the importance of content in the world of SEO. It’s an established fact that search engines give preferential ranking to sites with the freshest and most pertinent content, but it’s eye-opening to really dig into how important content really is.
As Google Fellow Amit Singhal is quoted as saying, “Our site quality algorithms are aimed at helping people find the ‘high-quality’ sites by reducing the rankings of low-quality content.” That quote alone should make everyone with any kind of Internet presence at all scramble for fresh, high quality content.
Here are some other incredibly interesting facts from the infographic that deserve some consideration:
- Ninety two percent of marketers say that content creation is either “very effective” or “somewhat effective” for SEO. The same percentage of Americans believe in God. Correlation, or causation?
- Twenty seven million pieces of online content are shared daily. The same number of people eat at McDonald’s every day.
- Sixty percent of content-sharing messages specific to an industry mention a brand or product by name. Sixty percent of adults can’t digest milk.
- Fifty two percent of consumers say blogs have impacted purchase decisions. The same percentage of Americans don’t know who Pippa Middleton is. They obviously don’t read the blogs.
- Marketers are investing $12.5 billion in online content. We could have just bought Motorola Mobility for the same price.
So take a detailed look at the content you are offering on your website. Will it make Google jump for joy, or bump you 20 spots down the rankings? The quality of your online content is simply too important to ignore.
Not sure what to do about your content? Contact us. We’re here to help.