The New Orleans SEO Meetup Is Back
February 18th, 2020 by
Was investing in your professional growth one of your resolutions for 2020? Just because January is over doesn’t mean it’s time to throw your resolution out the window. Search Influence has rebooted the local New Orleans SEO Meetup, which is a perfect opportunity to expand your knowledge about SEO while mingling with marketers in our community.
If you missed the first SEO Meetup, don’t fret! We will be hosting this meetup quarterly. Plus, it’s free and open to people of every professional background. Whether you’re an SEO expert or don’t even know what SEO means, everyone is welcome to join.
At January’s meetup, Cory Agular, Search Influence’s Digital Marketing Analyst & SEO Specialist, gave a presentation about trends in Local SEO for 2020 and beyond. For the full recap, check out this blog, but here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know from the SEO Meetup:
- With Google’s BERT Update, the searcher’s intent is more important than ever
- Optimizing for Voice Search isn’t all that different from optimizing for Google Search
- With the growth of Zero-Click Searches, you have to think beyond organic traffic to determine an SEO campaign’s success
- Google Maps is where a large majority of search impressions are happening, which reinforces the importance of optimizing your Google My Business listing
- Optimizing your website through the lens of “mobile-first” should continue to be a priority
- Don’t neglect the SEO basics, like quality backlinks and well-written content
Interested in search engine optimization and digital marketing strategies? Join us at the next New Orleans SEO Meetup this spring. Join the New Orleans SEO Meetup group on Meetup.com to be the first to hear about the next meetup and connect with other attendees.