Will Scott to Speak on Local Search Ranking Factors at SMX East
November 5th, 2009 by
President and founder of the New Orleans SEO company Search Influence, Will Scott often participates in conferences and seminars. Oct 5-7, he will be presenting at the Search Marketing Expo East 2009 on how important local search ranking factors help drive traffic to small business Web sites.
In a recent press release announcing the session, Will Scott talks about the Local Search ranking factors – 49 of them thought to make or break local business listings.
He also points out the increasing competition for Internet traffic and business visibility on the web. By using the local search ranking factors, companies like Scott’s own Search Influence can maximize the effectiveness of website promotion for clients. He also says that “collaboration, as in the Local Search Ranking Factors study, can help us predict trends in adjust our tactics accordingly.”
There are negative factors that can prevent visibility too or example, more than one business with the same name or having an 800 number as the primary contact number.
Will joins a star-studded panel including:
- Mike Blumenthal, THE Authority on Google Maps and Local
- Mary Bowling, Local SEO Expert with Denver SEO Company SEOverflow
- David Mihm, Portland Web Design and Local SEO – davidmihm.com
- Andrew Shotland, Proprietor, Local SEO Guide
SMX East is jam-packed with very current information. Some of the brightest minds in SEO will be presenting.
Some of the presentations we’re really looking forward to (and there are a ton more):
- Mat Siltala of Internet Marketing Firm Dream Systems Media on Mobile Search Apps & Opportunities
- Chris Bennett of Utah Search Engine Optimization Firm, 97th Floor on Analytics on Social Media
- Adam Audette of Internet Marketing Boutique Audette Media on Revisiting PageRank Sculpting & Siloing
- Pumping Up YouTube, Video Search Marketing Beyond YouTube & Universal & Blended Search Opportunities from the Video & Blended Search Track
- And then on Wednesday pretty much the whole Social Media Track (including Will’s second session with Marty Weintraub, Rebecca Kelley, and Dennis Yu)