Actionable Social Media Analytics: Likes to Leads
February 27th, 2011 by
Last week I had the pleasure of presenting on Social Media Analytics at SEMpdx SearchFest.
Most of our customers have no interest in Likes and Followers for their own sake. What we’re interested in most is Leads. In other words, do our Social Media Analytics enable us to track actionable data, most importantly, leads?
From the Final Slide, bringing it all together for Social Media Analytics includes:
- Some tracking is better than no tracking
- Start with URL shorteners
- Fans are great, but leads are better
- And you can track them
- The data is there, you may just need to unlock it
- And communicate it to the decision makers
Look forward to more from the Search Influence Team:
At SMX West:
- Three Influencers Set to Speak at SMX West 2011
- Anthony Coleman on: Google Instant: 6 Months Later
- Rodney Hess on: Location Services: The New Local Search
- And Me, Will Scott on: Up Close with Yelp
- And, as part of the post-session Facebook Marketing Intensive with the aimClear Team
What do you think about the methods above? What tools do you use to track social media leads?
[…] You can see Will’s slides from the presentation on his Search Influence blog. […]
Looks like it was a great preso — you should do a recorded version — given that so many of the slides are just screen grabs, I’d love to hear what comes with them… verbiage wise…
Quick update, that blog post is live: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/blog/social-media-analytics.html
[…] this year was no exception. Will Scott was a very engaging speaker and had a great presentation. He posted his slides on his blog as well as his key takeaways from the presentation. The Mobile Marketing Strategies & Tactics session label was a bit misleading; the session was […]
I have a blog post going live on Tuesday with some more detail on the form tracking aspects.
We aren’t doing enough video, for sure. You wanna coach me? 🙂
[…] I had a chance to talk to Will to get to the bottom of his conference commentary.Will ScottAt the Social Media Analytics session at SEMpdx SearchFest, tou honed in on how to generate leads from social media. Can you […]