Patient Inquiries & ROI Case Study
Healthcare Marketing Case Study
Dr. William Franckle is a board-certified plastic surgeon in New Jersey who has served patients for almost two decades. He is a member of several prestigious professional organizations, including the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Increase organic leads and ROI
- Outperformed our goal for patient inquiries by 57%
- Improved the practice’s marketing ROI to 873% during 2020
- Compared to 2019, we increased total revenue by 35% in 2020
- Earned the top keyword ranking for several procedure-related terms
Goal & Situation
Dr. Franckle has worked with Search Influence for his practice’s healthcare marketing since 2008 and is well established in South Jersey. In 2018, the client made a strategic branding decision to update his practice’s name to more directly align with the expertise of the surgeon himself, away from a more general practice name. This meant a new website, a new URL, and updating the brand across the practice’s digital presence. Each of these updates can negatively impact search engine rankings if not handled properly.
We and Dr. Franckle had three main goals during this project:
- Increase ROI
- Maintain (sometimes rebuild) the practice’s keyword rankings
- Obtain more patient bookings for plastic surgery procedures, including breast augmentations, tummy tucks, and mommy makeovers
Search Influence’s Approach
With extensive experience in search engine optimization and the healthcare industry, Search Influence was well equipped to establish the new domain’s authority once the decision was made to rebrand.
We employed the following SEO tactics after launching the new site in October 2018:
- Refreshed the client’s service pages to include more robust information about his preferred procedures
- Implemented structured data on frequently asked questions to influence rich snippets and capture prospects earlier in the buyer’s journey
- Revamped the client’s blog strategy by increasing the frequency of posts
- Optimized the site’s loading speeds
Building on the long-term impact of our work in 2019, we focused on driving more patient inquiries in 2020 with the following strategies:
- Continuing to update the structured data on key service pages
- Broadly expanding the client’s backlink profile
- Adding metadata to 35 pages to provide valuable information to prospective patients before they visited a webpage
- Completing image optimization sitewide to continue adding to the domain’s authority
- Posting regularly on Google My Business
These tactics, especially the foundation we built in 2019, led to the client having a highly successful year in 2020, despite the pandemic. The majority of the 2020 success is driven by organic search engine optimization, as the Google paid search campaign was paused in March 2020.
Some highlights of this campaign include:
- Earning a healthcare marketing ROI of 873%
- Outperforming our goal for new patient inquiries by over 57%
- Increasing the practice’s overall revenue by 35% year-over-year in 2020, even with strict pandemic-driven restrictions during the spring and early summer
- Maintaining and rebuilding the practice’s keyword rankings on Google for procedure-related terms in the region and the two towns in which it is located, such as:
- #1 for “tummy tuck south jersey“
- #1 for “breast augmentation voorhees”
- #1 for “breast augmentation sewell”
- #1 for “mommy makeover sewell”
- #1 for “liposuction sewell”
- #2 on Google Maps for “breast augmentation south jersey”
- #3 for “liposuction south jersey”
Boost Your Practice’s Revenue and Marketing ROI With Search Influence
Through our work with dozens of plastic surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, and other healthcare practices, Search Influence understands which digital marketing tactics drive more patients to book your most profitable procedures. Along with our technical expertise, our streamlined processes limit waste within your budget to increase the impact of each dollar your facility spends.
Share the objectives you want to accomplish, and our experts will create a custom strategy with measurable tactics to gauge success and meet your objectives.