5 For Friday — Links, Stories & Posts For Your Weekend
May 3rd, 2013 by
1. HTML5: An Essential Weapon for SEOs – Search Engine Journal
The new HTML5 is set to receive a major upgrade and there are 5 key SEO innovations coming :
- Nofollow’s little brothers and sisters
- Alt-text gets some much needed support
- Identifying the most important links on your page
- No more Flash for videos
- AJAX gets search engine friendly
2. Which Finds the First-Ever Website Better, Google or Bing? – Search Engine Land
May 1, 2013 was the 20 year anniversary of CERN making the Internet available to anyone. Using today’s technology, which search engine do you think would be able to find the site considering that neither engine existed back then?
3. The Complete Guide to Reconversion – SEOmoz
Getting new customers is great for any business, but the real challenge is retaining your existing customers. This 5 chapter guide explains why it’s important to focus your energy on remarketing and reconverting.
4. University Study Shows Happy News Leads to More Twitter Followers – Marketing Pilgrim
Keeping your tweets positive and informational will lead to an increase in followers. This article highlights the do’s and don’ts of tweeting
5. Meet Vine’s Most Creative Stop-Motion Animator – Mashable
Twitter launched Vine on January 24, 2013. On January 25th, Khoa Phan created his first vine…and the rest is history. Check out his creative and colorful stop-motion vines in this article.