We are looking for a candidate with professional application development experience to join our team. The Software Developer reports to the Manager of Technology and Development and primarily creates and maintains software applications for both external and internal use. Successful Software Developers demonstrate a strong understanding of programming languages and database structures, and are good communicators. They have a keen eye for detail and are driven to meet or beat deadlines without being reminded.
The Software Developer position is a full-time position, and contractors will not be considered.
- Create well tested, high quality software applications
- Maintain and add features to our custom software packages
- Develop new tools to help support our growing team
- Help automate current business activities to make the company run smoother as a whole
- Work with a team of developers to accomplish big goals
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience creating web applications from the database to the UI
- Work well in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the US
- Incredible attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Take pride in a tremendous work ethic
- Be on time without prompting
- Ability to learn from mistakes and take direction and feedback
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Eagerness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, to see around corners
- Experience with turning client ideas into business requirements and eventually, applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience in developing software using agile methodologies
*Send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.