5 For Friday — Links, Stories & Posts For Your Weekend
April 19th, 2013 by
1. Back to Basics: Meta Descriptions 101 - Search Engine Journal
If you haven’t looked at your meta descriptions in over a year or 6 months, it may be time to refresh your meta data. Meta descriptions are the ones that will show up in search results, so they should sound coherent to humans. Read this refresher on meta tags.
2. Thinking about adding 10,000 pages to your site at once? Take caution. - Search Engine Land
If you are adding a large number of pages to your site, it is better to do so in stages according to Google’s Matt Cutts. Adding them in batches may be better. Releasing thousands of pages at once may cause Google to manually review your site for any suspicious behavior.
3. Want to learn how to segment out your image search in Google Analytics? - Blind Five Year Old
Google image search, universal image search, Bing image search. How do you keep them all separate? AJ Kohn from Blind Five Year Old walks you through the process of setting up filters for image searches in Google Analytics. Read and implement.
4. Foursquare emphasizes its local search in its latest app update. - Search Engine Land
Attempting to take on Facebook and Yelp, the social check-in company rolls out its 6.0 update for its app. With local search as the primary focus of the new update, Foursquare users will see nearby recommendations and discovery features. Check it out.
5. Are Facebook fans really worth it? - Mashable
According to a Syncapse report, a Facebook fan is valued at $174. The study takes a look at Facebook fans versus non-fans and analyzes their spending behavior along with their brand loyalty and several other factors. Would you agree with their estimation?